We inspire efficient energy use through practical and innovative programs to improve economic vitality and the environment.
We envision a community with residents, businesses, governments and visitors employing smart energy behaviors that reduce energy needs, powering remaining energy needs with sustainable sources of energy that reduce pollution and our communities' carbon footprint, and employing strategies to increase the resilience of our energy systems.
Empowerment – Assisting our community to make good energy choices
Collaboration – Partnering with our community on delivering smart energy programs
Simplicity – Removing barriers to taking action on energy efficiency at home and work
What We've Achieved Through Early 2018
- Installed 89,874 LED bulbs for an energy savings of about 3,600,000 kWhr, This is equivalent to the CO2 emissions from 289 Homes’ Energy Use/1 yr.
- 150 installed smart thermostats, for a savings of 154,387 kWhr & 38,709 dtherms, This is equivalent to the CO2 emissions from 234 Homes’ Energy Use/1 yr.
- 80 homes got a HES, potential upgrades equal to 15,200 dtherms, This is equal to the CO2 emissions from 87 Homes’ Energy Use/1 yr.
- 109 homes installed solar, equal to 1,075,200 kWh, This is equivalent to the CO2 emissions from 86 Homes’ Energy Use/1 yr.
- Installed LED bulbs into 145 low income homes in our community at no cost to the owner
- Partnered with all three fire departments in our community to install LED bulbs into senior's homes at no cost to the owner
- Installed LED bulbs in two different deed restricted development units, The Line Condos and Silver Star respectively, at no cost to the owner